Sustainability may be defined as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. Achieving such a goal involves three distinct pillars; social, economic, and environmental.
In Tapiz, we try to make measurable contributions and encourage responsible practices among our staff, suppliers and customers.
SOCIAL & ECONOMIC PILLAR
Refers to the diverse needs and desires of those who make the company and from the communities neighbours to ourwinery and vineyards. Some actions that are carried out are:
- Founder members of WIM, Wine in Moderation, in Argentina, carrying awareness programs and tips about drinking
- Project of the weavers, to keep the art of weaving brought by Bolivian immigrants settled around the winery and the vineyard "El Jarillal"
- In cooperation with Junior Achievement, the program "advantages of staying in school" Program, to stop children dropping out of school in their final year of primary level in the schools close to the winery
- Reconstruction of an ancient building, declared historical, touristic and architectural heritage: today Club Tapiz
- Identification of native species at El Jarillal vineyard, small signs indicating the species and a brief botany reference where put on them
ENVIRONMENTAL PILLAR AND SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES
Following the concepts of cleaner production, eco-efficiency and good environmental practices, an interdisciplinary team of winemaker, chemist and health and safety engineer of our company developed guidelines for a sustainable agricultural development.
- Reuse water after its treatment in effluents plants
- Recycling Program of all waste through sorting and further processing
- Cleaning and putting signs about biodegradation of trash outside our properties
- Production of high quality Biocompost, depending on the parameters of the internationally standardized procedures, from the skins and stalks of the grapes that were admitted to the cellar
- We are part of the "'Restart the cycle" campaign, recycling bottles through containers located in the major supermarkets and the profit is given to the Children's Hospital of Mendoza
- Certification of good agricultural practices GLOBAL G.A.P in vineyards
- Certification by the OIA of Las Uvas Vineyard as an organic farm
- Certification of Good Manufactoring Practices in the Winery