Tapiz Winery develops its wines using grapes which come from a group of carefully selected vineyards located in Mendoza and Salta, with altitudes ranging from 3000 to 4400 feet high. Flanked by the imposing Andes mountain range, these vineyards are subjected to unique bio- climatic characteristics, thus making it a unique terroir for winemaking. The grapes harvested there from reflect the perfect, alluvial enriched soil combined with an ideal exposure to sunlight and an incredible temperature range which persists throughout the summer. Aided by a meticulous care of canopy and irrigation, Tapiz succeeds at creating wines with incredible structure and fruit, setting new standards for every varietal.
Tapiz Winery selects grapes from historic vineyards known as the first zone located in Agrelo, Tupungato, Ugarteche and Maipú, in Mendoza, the most important and extensive wine region from Argentina and one of the major wine regions of South America.
Finca Don Javier
• 34,5 acres in Maipu, with 80 years old vines surrounded by olive trees from where our Tapiz oil is obtained. Tapiz Club and Casa Zolo are located in this site which is a Historic Monument.
Finca Las Llamas
• 198 acres in Agrelo, along the wine route that connects several renowned mendocinas wineries and where our Winery is located.
Finca El Jarillal
• 532.4 acres in Alto Agrelo, one of the best new areas for quality wines in Argentina, home to some of the best vineyards and wineries of the country.
Finca Olivares de Maipú
• In Maipú, in the heart of the olive production zone of Mendoza.
Finca San Pablo
• 994.4 acres in the high Uco Valley near Tupungato at the base of the Andes. This vineyard is located 4395 ft high, being one of the highest vineyards in Mendoza and the source of several of our reserves.
Finca Las Uvas
•66 acres in La Arboleda, Tupungato, Uco Valley, 3.608 ft high. It is certified as an organic vineyard for our Spirit of the Andes line.
Finca Bella Vista
• 132 acres in Vista Flores, south of Mendoza and 3608 ft high.
Finca Los Nogales
• 75 acres in an excelent terroir 3608 ft high with a nice exposure to the sun and soft hills.
Finca Río Yacochuya
• 187 acres in Yacochuya, Cafayate, Salta Province, on Route 40 at 6560 ft high.